Skip to main content
  1. Main Menu
  2. >>
  3. Fiction Home
  4. >>
  5. Authors
  6. >>
  7. Jessica Messinger
  8. >>
  9. Jessica


Jessica


by Jessica Messinger


And there she was at the top of the stairs; a bad brunette with streaks of blonde. She had her jeans spill low so I could see her thong. I turned back to check on Blyde, then she was gone. One moment's beauty, just like the song.

(I was just passing by the doorway to see if my friend was down there. I wanna say I didn't even notice Kay, but truth is he was kinda cute at first, so yeah, I noticed him.)

I later learned her name was Jessica. She was a foot shorter than me, her hair a full natural waterfall just passed her shoulders, and then her skin. Her cappuccino tint glistened with radiance of her soft, youthful texture that only required eyesight to appreciate how pleasant it would be touching her skin as we would hold hands.

(I don't know why Kay's all touchy-feely sometimes. He's not always like that, though. There's a cool side to him that he shares selectively with those who treat him right. I gotta respect that about him, though when he gets in those moods of his, forget it, he's like a puppy that won't stop trying to lick your mouth. Kay's a lot funner to kiss than a puppy though. Oh, that reminds me, we have to go look at puppies later.)

I found her sitting comfortably with another girl that I recognize from a few nights ago. She told me her name, but I couldn't hear her over the music, so I just nodded my deaf ears to prevent her from shouting her name out over the music repeatedly for me until I finally caught it but embarrassed ourselves in the process--so, rather than do all that--I pretended to hear her name when i didn't, so now not knowing will seem like I forgot it when i never even knew it in the first place. Great so Jessica's first impression of me is that I forgot her friend's name two days later. Like, we just met. Do I have any other option than to come off like "Mr. Machismo-too-cool-to-remember-your-name" d-bag? No, no I don't. If her friend likes me, she'll eventually come up to me and ask if i remember her, to which my answer will be "yes" and I'll leave out the part right after that goes, "but I forgot your name," which once again is better than explaining why I couldn't hear her the first time so I pretended to hear her. That actually would be much worse the second time around. It's like trying to meet her has me stuck in a vicious cycle decorated with webs of deceit.

That might be overdramatic, but that's how I am. I read into and analyze things. Things that don't require any analysis. But, I think that's one of the things Jessica came to love about me.

(I hate that about him. Oh my Gawd! That reminds me, he won't shut up in movies, meanin the movie theatre. I can't take him anywhere. Now not even to the movies unless it's a movie that's been playing for a while so nobody will be sitting there but us when it's time to hear Kay ruin the damn show by pointing out every fault in the plot-line. Mister "Analyze Everything." It's Pinnoccio, nobody cares that the individual cells of a tree's wood can't stretch, with your nonsense about it being because at the molecular level the wood would start splintering. Nobody wanna see Pinnoccio with some busted up branch fragments creepin long side his nose tryna watch a cartoon for little kids turn into some animated horror movie bout acne. Nerd! Analyze that! But I still love him though, just not as much when he's panicky in a crowd and starts running his analyses on everything.)

"Hey, you remember me?" her friend asks me from behind, seizing the opportunity to approach me off guard when my back was turned, she spoke just as we previously choreographed. If I was smart, I would have thought of something clever to say when I can't reproduce her name from the other night.

"Yeah, you were here the other night right?" I ask, now making it evident that her name was not committed to memory on the night in question.

"I'm Sam," she releases into the air with an easing of the palpable tension I emit, "that's my friend Jessica over there. You should..."

"Yeah, cool," I interrupt, "I'll be right over, let me check on my homeboy real quick, and I'll come sit with you in like 5 minutes?"

"Cool," she responds, turning to her right to the bar to check on the drinks she asked for before checking on me.

"Did you order already?" I ask.

"Yeah," she answers, holding some money in her hand for the bartender.

"Yo, what'd they get," I ask the demon Aquatto, currently covering the bar shift for the hour.

"They got two fivers," Aquatto answers.

"Alright I got one, so just charge her for one," I instruct.

"Put it on your tab?" he announces loudly and somewhat inappropriately, but really he was just making sure Godb overheard, so I would definitely pay for that drink out of my tab later.

"You comin?" she asks, inviting me over yet again. Godb looks over at me from across the room. I immediately feel his presence around me and shift my focus wildly as I scan every face to find the one now summoning me. He's on the far side of the room, passed the pool table, by the stage.

He gives me a look with his eyes that says, "what are you doing? Get over there with those girls, there's no where else you need to be." And my calendar for the foreseeable future has just cleared up.

"Hey, I'm Kay..," I introduce myself to Jess, reaching out for a handshake along the coffee table between us, "Kay Wonne."

"I'm Jessica..." she continues talking but my ears go numb. "Jessica!" 'This is the name of my future partner; the name i'll be screaming orgasmically, or chanting romantically, or shouting across the front yard argumentatively for the rest of my life,' i imagine to myself as I confirm her soft skin as we shake. All I heard was her name, but she's still talking. I should have known it would turn out to be 'Jessica.'

"Cool" I interrupt, "you want me to join you?"

"Sure," she answers, sliding down the couch an infinitesimal amount to signal I should sit next to her. "So you're Kay One huh?" she asks, "but you're white?" Her question had the ring to it that she was confused how she could like me so much, and that's the only circumstance I can imagine in which i wouldn't get offended by that question.

"I'm an angel," I reply with a sinister tone, however unintended it may have been. She giggles. A cute, petite laugh to match her tiny frame, however hypnotic it may seem as she sways to the beat repeating in the background.

"Jessica, huh? That's my favorite name," I confess, not realizing how corny of a pickup line it must appear to be.

"Why is that?" she asks, humoring me.

"The first girl I ever kissed, well ever loved was named Jessica. But she actually broke my heart by cheating on me with a buddy of mine from school, so it should really be my least favorite name, right?" The nervousness in my voice detectable as I continue rambling about an ex in the first five minutes I meet her.

"Yeah, that's cool though," she answers, disarming me, "I'm glad you like it," she continues with an added flirt, possibly.

(His clumsiness was flattering, especially given his reputation of someone so dangerous and serious. Now though, we can add 'sometimes' to that sentence. He ain't in no honeymoon stage no more, and we still ain't married. He's gettin comfortable is what he's doin, but I know I wanna keep my man, I got to let him be a man. "Cause I sure ass hell doan wannabe  deal in witt hizz madness wen did stars," I explains to you as best I can without breaking my promise to Kay to exclude from discovery certain things he prefers concealed.)

Popular posts from this blog

Stone Flight

"Lady, I got two months to live," I explain. My legs trembling beneath me like some stoner just caught his buzz and can't stand on his own two feet. "That may be, but I can't let you on there with this," she argues. Her voice firm, and her eyes confirm she is unconvinced. She whispers into the mouthpiece of her walkie-talkie something garbled that I can't make out; my hearing obscured by the drugs taking their toll on my body. I lost my sense of smell earlier this year. Suddenly food lost its flavor; the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong until an assistant asked if maybe I just lost my sense of smell, then suddenly it became clear that it wasn't anything serious. "Get me your supervisor," I demand. She squares off her footing and places her fists on either hip, standing firmly as if waiting for backup. Sure enough, not a moment later two other men show up, armed and just as serious. "Sir, he'll tell you the same th
Main Menu >> Fiction Home >> Authors >> Papoose Doorbelle >> Morning After Morning After I crawl out of my skin and melt across the floor into a puddle of my own guilt. The tears somehow manage to hide themselves as I bury myself deep into the emptiness where I dwell. It has been months since my last cigarette. I now count the time in weeks instead of hours or days; 14 weeks of cravings have left me more energetic and much less interesting. “Good morning baby” she says to me half awake, “are you feeling ok?” “I want to die” I mumble under my breath as I turn away. I bury my face between the blanket and the pillow. She slides over towards me as her hand caresses my shoulder, gently pulling me out of the darkness. “Come on honey” she continues “we had fun didn’t we?” I pull back the choked up feeling in my throat. It burns as I withdraw its symptoms. “I don’t know.” I pause. “I guess.” “Baaaby” she whispers in a sweet sexy voice that melts me al

P!apoose D Planetarium

A Planet P!apoosed written by Dizzy Ovadhere Introduction - Truth Chapter Everything I write from this point forward in this chapter is the absolute truth without any stealthy omissions or double entendres (though there’ll be plenty of those) to obscure the honest intent. Every word quoted was really spoken. Every description, every details, every time I myself couldn’t believe it was happening, but sure as I’m alive today there must be a God, without any doubt, I will prove to you that God does exist. And aside from that, even when I died those times, which was also proof when I came back, but the question you should be asking is how is he still alive? And my answer is faith. Now if you’ll kindly flip to the next page, which is the next chapter, we can begin our little adventure I like to call Goblin’s Cup. I should warn you that you will be in for some disappointment ( for some, because I’m still alive), because I never even came close to retrieving the sought after chálli