Skip to main content

How to Love


Papoose Fiction: Measuring Love

"If each person on the planet took just one or two seconds to close their eyes, genuinely smile, and turn their vision, or attention, inward while smiling, then there would be global peace. It only takes a second or two, so please, take a moment now."
"Yes?," he said, "Great, continue doing good. Bye bye." "No!" she refuses.
"Um... okay... well, this is kinda awkward. I really didn't prepare anything..." I see her shake your head with judgment. "So what's your name?" She doesn't answer. "Okay, well check this out: in order to love yourself, you have to first let go of both the events from the past that have affected you and the events approaching your life as we speak."
"Approaching? What are you talking about?" she asks, "stoop hid!"
"Keep in mind we are talking about love here, not lust nor passion. Love is how you should feel about your mother and father; lust is how you feel towards your lover; and passion is what makes your lover jealous of the love we have for our parents, for example."

Love is Confusing

"Okay, but that was confusing too," she complains, "so, now I'm confused twice."
"The word love is often confused or combined with lust or passion, both of which are completely unrelated to love. As a result, sometimes when we finally achieve a love for our sexual partner, the passion and romance seem to disappear as emotions founded in lust are now rooted in love, causing sexual attraction to take a backseat to concern and care."
"That's how you feel about family, right?" she asks.
"Yes, you care for another person to experience happiness or joy, and you feel concerned should you suspect the loved one is not experiencing happiness or joy."

Love is Simple

"Is it really that simple?" she asks.
"Love is very complicated, but the definition and processes governing love can be defined quite simply, yes."
"And then what?" she asks.
"So, to put it simply when defining self-love--as related to our main point on world peace, which we can circle back to--the brain requires incentive in order to act on a thought. You can say the words self love to yourself, in which case, the brain thinks the words as they are spoken, but that is not the same as having the actual thought of self love."

Brain On Love

"Right, the brain needs to digest the concept into an applicable practice," she realizes.
"So to truly process the idea and internalize it, we have to think of the definition while saying the words to ourselves."
"Wait, what?"
"I think I phrased that wrong, let me try it this way: the brain has the words self love at the forefront of its thoughts, right?"
"Yeah?"
"But it lacks a definition to put the idea into practice. Makes sense?"
"Kinda; can you explain more?"
"Sure!" She's not shaking her head, but curiosity keeps her sarcasm at bay for the time being.
"Concern and care of happiness. Are you concerned for your own happiness and do you care about how happy or joyful you are?"
"Whoa! Don't be comin at me like dat!" she defends.
"It's not directed at you per se; the question is for you to ask yourself: do I care about myself and my happiness? If not, or if not happy or joyful to begin with, then am I concerned about my own happiness?"
"So that's a question; where's the definition?"

Love Defined

"Ah! That's interesting! The definition of love is 'selfless desire to ensure another's happiness'."
"So how does that help me internalize it?"
"Because you can stop for a split second, give your attention to just your own thoughts--almost like meditating--and check on your own state of happiness or sadness, then naturally your brain will self-examine the answer to that question if the answer is not an inspiring yes in all aspects of life. Wherever you fall short, your brain will try to analyze why."
"So that's good?" she asks.
"It's just another obstacle to cloud your mind from loving yourself."
"Huh?" she argues.
"You see, when you were young, way back before you could speak, you had a gift of a love for life. Slowly, different events led to you forming opinions and views of your environment."
"Is that how you were?" she asks.
"Yes and no."
"?"
"Yes, I had my own views... and still do; but no, that's not the correct question to guide your kind towards a stillness that will invoke a peaceful calm over your senses that you can harness to foster self love on a permanent basis."
"Wait, what? Permanent? How?" she asks.

Permanent Love

"Isn't that what we're talking about? Having love on a permanent basis, both for yourself and others."
"And you have that?"
"Well, I mean I hide it, but yes."
"Why do you hide it?"
"Because it's become a rare trait among people lately, but it shouldn't be."
"I don't know. You could claim anything that isn't readily provable," she argues common sense.
"Fair enough. Count with me: one, two, three, and joy! Felt that? Cool right?"
"Wow! How'd you do that?"
"Well, I was trying to explain but you won't shut up. Sorry, it's not your fault. Let's get some rest. Maybe try again tomorrow."

Popular posts from this blog

P!apoose D Planetarium

A Planet P!apoosed written by Dizzy Ovadhere Introduction - Truth Chapter Everything I write from this point forward in this chapter is the absolute truth without any stealthy omissions or double entendres (though there’ll be plenty of those) to obscure the honest intent. Every word quoted was really spoken. Every description, every details, every time I myself couldn’t believe it was happening, but sure as I’m alive today there must be a God, without any doubt, I will prove to you that God does exist. And aside from that, even when I died those times, which was also proof when I came back, but the question you should be asking is how is he still alive? And my answer is faith. Now if you’ll kindly flip to the next page, which is the next chapter, we can begin our little adventure I like to call Goblin’s Cup. I should warn you that you will be in for some disappointment ( for some, because I’m still alive), because I never even came close to retrieving the sought after chálli

Got A New Pen

Main Menu >> Home >> Authors >> Jessica Messinger >> New Pen New Pen by Jessica Messinger I got a new pen of fancy design. Fancy that; I look quite refined. I dined diet drinks before, But never quite like this before. An electronic pen with LED. Configured to write just for me, Enter the code, Press this and press that, A formidable opponent, Sir Jack Kerouac. Knighted through reputation alone, A sudden burst forward and the propellant intended to destroy the malevolent alien creatures somehow comes back like I just raced against the wind and won a daily supply of your instant prizes, sizes vary slightly. . Surprising to see you here. Aren't you alone? In English we say, 'Are you' not 'aren't you' I explain. So what did I say? You said the opposite, but it made no sense. It made sense to me. Yeah, but you don't count. Ah, that's amazing you understood you. I always understand me. Then how did

A Witch is Born

I wish there was something more I could say to explain why I'm so closed off from the world, but I've never really had a close relationship with my feelings. When I was young, I experienced every negative event a child should never even bare witness to, let alone shelve upon her shoulders as a growing collection of future obstacles to personal success. My world was small, and it shrank every year as I continued to remove people from my circle of trust.