Skip to main content

When I Was Twelve

When he was twelve and I a teen, I met him in a vision. Young at the time, our souls intertwined, but at seventeen, I was still blinded by my own religion. Forcing lies into half truths, I prayed for preyers to cease, but that was just the dreams that children are always wishing.

Burned alive by microwaves from television and the box of death in the kitchen, I stopped seeing straight, living life in tunnel vision. It seemed by graduation, I had already failed my mission, missing mental mastery like my mind was attacked by missiles. So I headed straight for sinning, setting my karma back straight to the beginning.

Eventually I had to start over and relearn a life worth winning, but still cloudy from the foggy haze, I wandered around still guessing. Each day passed, and I fell deeper into depression. Forever hoping for a glimpse of joy that I would somehow be able to cling to.

Over thirty years lost before the vision came to pass, but I still wasn't ready to grasp the seriousness of the task. Overthrow the empire and assume control as the monarch? Even my maker couldn't shake the uneasiness from my foundations, and soon I found myself regretting the devout path I had sworn myself to follow.

It was a far stretch from barefoot loner, hopeless romantic, and confused immigrant, and what's more, the road ahead had more twists and turns than I had ever imagined or planned for.

But the game was set, and the match as mine as the hair between my brows. Slowly I began to grow bigger shoes to fit my new role, but my feet couldn't match the rate of expansion, so I constantly tripped until I fell forward into the present.

Turned out it was secretly a gift; the clumsiness of a fool with the wisdom of a saint. Carefully crafted in character to withstand the dangers and evils of temptations along the road to ruling as a czar over a vast land filled with obedient subjects.

So that was it. And as much as I hated the idea of never being able to know if a new acquaintance could become a genuine friend ever again, I had a duty to fulfill. I had a quest to complete. Most importantly, I had a promise to keep.

Popular posts from this blog

Stone Flight

"Lady, I got two months to live," I explain. My legs trembling beneath me like some stoner just caught his buzz and can't stand on his own two feet. "That may be, but I can't let you on there with this," she argues. Her voice firm, and her eyes confirm she is unconvinced. She whispers into the mouthpiece of her walkie-talkie something garbled that I can't make out; my hearing obscured by the drugs taking their toll on my body. I lost my sense of smell earlier this year. Suddenly food lost its flavor; the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong until an assistant asked if maybe I just lost my sense of smell, then suddenly it became clear that it wasn't anything serious. "Get me your supervisor," I demand. She squares off her footing and places her fists on either hip, standing firmly as if waiting for backup. Sure enough, not a moment later two other men show up, armed and just as serious. "Sir, he'll tell you the same th
Main Menu >> Fiction Home >> Authors >> Papoose Doorbelle >> Morning After Morning After I crawl out of my skin and melt across the floor into a puddle of my own guilt. The tears somehow manage to hide themselves as I bury myself deep into the emptiness where I dwell. It has been months since my last cigarette. I now count the time in weeks instead of hours or days; 14 weeks of cravings have left me more energetic and much less interesting. “Good morning baby” she says to me half awake, “are you feeling ok?” “I want to die” I mumble under my breath as I turn away. I bury my face between the blanket and the pillow. She slides over towards me as her hand caresses my shoulder, gently pulling me out of the darkness. “Come on honey” she continues “we had fun didn’t we?” I pull back the choked up feeling in my throat. It burns as I withdraw its symptoms. “I don’t know.” I pause. “I guess.” “Baaaby” she whispers in a sweet sexy voice that melts me al

P!apoose D Planetarium

A Planet P!apoosed written by Dizzy Ovadhere Introduction - Truth Chapter Everything I write from this point forward in this chapter is the absolute truth without any stealthy omissions or double entendres (though there’ll be plenty of those) to obscure the honest intent. Every word quoted was really spoken. Every description, every details, every time I myself couldn’t believe it was happening, but sure as I’m alive today there must be a God, without any doubt, I will prove to you that God does exist. And aside from that, even when I died those times, which was also proof when I came back, but the question you should be asking is how is he still alive? And my answer is faith. Now if you’ll kindly flip to the next page, which is the next chapter, we can begin our little adventure I like to call Goblin’s Cup. I should warn you that you will be in for some disappointment ( for some, because I’m still alive), because I never even came close to retrieving the sought after chálli